Updated April 25, 2022
2. Kinds of Information We Collect
When you visit the Website or use our Mobile App or other Services, we may collect the information set forth below. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you are not permitted to use our Website, Mobile App, or Services.
- Account Information - If you sign up for a Money App account ("Money App Account"), we will collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Device Information - We may collect information about your device, including, without limitation, Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses, log information, error messages, device type, mobile phone carrier, web browser, and other device identifiers. For example, we may collect IP addresses from you as part of our sign in and security features.
- Geolocation Information - When you use our Services, we may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location or by accessing your mobile device's GPS coordinates, or approximate location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
3. Information from Children
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
4. Cookie Use
California law requires us to disclose how we respond to Do Not Track ("DNT") signals. DNT is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. Pixel Tags and Advertising
We may also use a technology called pixel tags (also known as "clear gifs," "web beacons" or "1-by-1gifs") on our Website or Mobile App. These may be used in connection with email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications and our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, and to assist us in resolving issues that may arise on our Website or Mobile App.
We use third-party advertising and media companies to serve ads on our behalf across the internet and to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. These networks use both cookie and pixel tag technology to measure the effectiveness of ads for their clients, during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide information about goods and services that may be of particular interest to you. We limit these networks from using the information collected by these cookies and pixel tags for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts. From time to time, we may also share Anonymized Information (defined below) with such third-party companies in an aggregate form, for purposes of analysis and improvement of our Website and Mobile App. At no time is any Personal Information passed to these third parties.
6. How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your Personal Information to:
- Operate our business, including informing you about your account or provide security updates
- Improve your experience with our products and services
- Develop new products and services
- Comply with applicable laws or respond to lawful legal process from law enforcement and government agencies
- Authenticate your identity
- Protect Money App's rights
- Draw inferences for account security purposes or to enhance ourServices to you
We may also aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the Website, Mobile App, or Services in such a way that we cannot reasonably link the information to you or your device (" Anonymized Information"). We may use such Anonymized Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research, marketing, and analytics purposes.
7. How We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, service and improve our Website, Mobile App, or Services
- To process transactions that you authorize or to fulfill your requests
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our users or the general public
- Otherwise with your consent or as required by law or regulation
8. Data Retention Practices
9. International Users
Our Website, Mobile App, and Services are intended for users located in the United States. We make no representation that the Services are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Access to the Service from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.
10. Security of Your Data
Your privacy and the protection of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information you provide against accidental, unlawful, and unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, by using the Website, Mobile App, or Services, you acknowledge and agree that we make no guarantees, representations, or warranties with respect to the security of any transmitted information to, on, or through the Website or Mobile App.
12. How to Contact Us
State laws may also provide you with specific privacy protections. We will comply with applicable state laws with respect to our use of your information.